FELEDY Gyula (1928 - 2010)

 Gyula Feledy graphic artist and painter. He was bor in Sajószentpéter on 13th May, 1928. He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts and in the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. His masters were Károly Koffán, Bertalan Pór, János Kmetty, István Szőnyi and Gyula Hincz. In 1966 he got the Munkácsy-price, in 1975 he become an "érdemes" artist. In 1978 he got the Kossuth-price, and in 1994 he was awarded with the middle cross of the of the order of merit if the Hungarian Republic.  He died in Miskolc on 3th July 2010. He had solo exhibitions in Poland, Italy, Austria, Czech republic, FInnland, Tampere and in Germany.  In Hungary in Budapest and in Miskolc were organised several solo exhibitions by his works. He was on founder of the Graphical Workshop of Miskolc in the second half of the 1950's, and the National Graphical Biennale series. Some of his works are kept in the Feledy-house in Miskolc. In public collections in the Hungarian National Museum, in the Petőfi Literatural Museum, in the Gallery of Miskolc and in te Munkácsy Mihály Museum in Békéscsaba.