Piroska Szántó graphic artist was born December 7 th, 1913 in Kiskunfélegyháza. She studied at the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts, her masters were István Szőnyi and János Vaszary. From 1937 she worked with the artists at the art colony of Szentendre. From 1945 she was a member of the European School until it discontimued.
In 1971 she got Munkács-price, in 1973 she got the price called Érdemes művész, and in 1983 she was honored with Kossuth-price. She died in Budapest, August 2th 1998.
Several works by her are shown in public collections, in Budapest the Municipal Picture Gallery and the Hungarian National Gallery, in Pécs the Janus Pannonius Museum, in Szentendre the Ferenczy Museum possess her works. Most of her pictures the artist demised to the Picture Gallery of Szombathely.